Joker

No one really knew
Just how small I felt 
How alone I felt in a room filled with people
How sad the start of a new day for me 
How much I didn't want the world

There was trees once 
Tall, proud oaks who grew to protect 
And flowers too
Petite and shy who gave colors to the world
There were stars aligned perfectly
To carve the night sky 
And seas to bask in the moonlight

Then one day it was gone 
Vanished from their roots and ground
And left the world dull and useless

The earth turned upside down
And I was swimming in a pool of stars 
Dead and still

The starts of a day was terrifying 
How heavy my footsteps were
How heavy my heart was 
How heavy everything was on my shoulders 

I was terrified to sit in a room filled with people who hated me
To walk the same way as them
To breath the same air as them
To live 

Like toys, trust once broken never works the same way
You can tape it together
But it'll fall apart soon
You can glue it together 
But nothing sticks forever 
Once abandoned,
forgotten 

I hid in bathroom stalls 
I sang songs to hide my heart ache
And I slept through the day
Because the night didn't have hate 
It had peace and darkness
Two things I never had 

I didn't like the world 
But I realize now 
The world never did anything to me
It gave me a roof over my head 
And water to drink
It cared for me
But I didn't like it.

Now you see, yes?
In moments of desperation for a soul to cling on to,
You do everything to survive from the black hole sucking you in
You fight

Now you understand, yes?
How alone and abandoned I felt of my own doings 
How little I felt in the eye of the world
How close I was to being nothing 

I want to lend you a hand 
And pull you 
But I realize the anchors of revenge
Are clasped too tightly around my ankles 
And soon you're slipping beneath the black canvas
And I can't do anything 
But watch you scream a soundless cry for help
That no one will ever hear

You'll know how I felt.

Now it's my turn to ask the question.

How's it like being alone?
Saturday, May 11, 2013 @ 7:39 AM / 0 thoughts


« Older posts Newer posts»



Copyright ©. Layout by TeaCakeHouse.
Please view with Google Chrome in a screen resolution of 1280 x 800.
Picture from: Tumblr All rights reserved 2011 - Infinite.